The Bipolar Workbook: Tools for Controlling Your Mood Swings
by: Monica Ramirez Basco PhD
publisher: The Guilford Press, published: 2005-12-21
sales rank: 14472
price: $13.70 (new), $6.44 (used)
Mood swings may be a part of your life, but the struggle to control them doesn’t have to dominate it. Together with the right course of medication, The Bipolar Workbook can put you back in control. Dr. Monica Ramirez Basco has assembled a versatile toolkit of proven self-help strategies designed to help you recognize the early warning signs of relapse, resist the seductive pull of manic episodes, and escape the paralysis of depression. Whether you’re new to the diagnosis (and not quite sure it fits) or want to enhance your current treatment, this simple program puts you in charge. Easy-to-follow guidelines and worksheets help you identify problem areas and minimize their impact, including ways to:
- Reduce the recurrence and severity of your symptoms.
- Slow things down and get the sleep you need when mania strikes.
- Keep motivated and avoid procrastination when you’re depressed.
- Fine-tune medical treatments to maximize your gains.
- Rein in emotional reactions.
- Stay focused and achieve your goals.
Since every individual’s experience with bipolar disorder is unique, Dr. Basco encourages you to customize a plan that suits your needs. So take charge and make a better life.